Speaker, trainer and consultatnt on personal motivation, stress management, conflict resolution and mastering the art of effective communication fields.
His engineering background gives him a valuable insight into the needs of modern business, as well as a highly “hands-on”, practical approach to the communication and management skills he teaches.
David comes from a scientific background, having graduated from the University of London with a first class honours degree in Civil Engineering. Arriving in New Zealand from Kenya as a senior Geotechnical Engineer in 1987, he has now worked for over two decades in the field of Human Communication, Conflict Resolution and Personal Motivation. His engineering background gives him a valuable insight into the needs of modern business, as well as a highly “hands-on”, practical approach to the communication and management skills he teaches.
David is currently providing top-quality staff training to organisations of all sizes within the business community throughout New Zealand… and frequently around the Middle East, the Pacific Islands, USA and Australia. A recognised specialist in the field of human communication, he is much in demand as a motivational presenter, facilitator and inspiring conference speaker.
A delightfully diverse and loyal spectrum of Clients in New Zealand range from Inland Revenue, Banks, Law Firms, Regional and City Councils; through health organisations such as CYFS, Maori Mental Health, Hospitals & St John Ambulance; Schools, Colleges, UNITEC and AUT; to Sport North Harbour, Hamilton Zoo, & numerous other organisations in Retail, Travel, Commerce & Engineering.
Clients in the Pacific include Telecom, Tourism Organisations, Government Departments & Development Banks in Fiji, Tonga & the Cook Islands. Further afield, ZADCO Oil Company, the Islamic, Commercial and National Banks of Abu Dhabi & Dubai, and the Emirates Institute of Technology are all regular clients up in the United Arab Emirates.
An entertaining, accomplished and successful speaker, David was runner-up in the Toastmasters International New Zealand Grand Final, narrowly missing the opportunity to represent New Zealand in the U.S.A.
A keen representative rugby player both in the UK and Kenya, he now plays squash with much gusto, and recently completed a spontaneous and very respectable half-marathon. Having travelled extensively, David’s wide range of experiences enable him to relate easily to all people, and lend a unique interest, depth and perspective to his teaching.
Most Popular Presentation Topics/Themes:
• Energy & Enthusiasm - Letting It Show & Passing It On
• Conflict Resolution - the Magic of Different Perspectives
• Dealing With Difficult People - Customers, Clients... and Colleagues
• Getting Difficult Things Said - Safely & With Respect
• Increasing Confidence - in Ourselves & Others
• Self-Marketing & The Vital Art of Selling Yourself
• 'Utter Brilliance' - Powerful Presentations to Really Make a Difference
• Stress Management - so when was the last time you blinked??!
• Client Care & Customer Service - do we really want to know?
• Team-Building & Motivation - "Herding Cats" - Harnessing our Differences
• Radiating Professionalism & Assertiveness - including How to Say No !!
• Leadership - Performance Feedback - Time Management - Delegation Skills etc
• Facilitated Retreats for Boards of Directors/Senior Management